Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day 2013

Happy Father's Day to the dads in my life!  My daddy, my father-in-law, my grandpa and the daddy to my kids!  I love you all and thank you for all your support and love for me and our family!  
We have had a wonderful day!  And we tried to make it all about Jared :).  He got his gifts this morning at breakfast.  Ethan picked out 5 things for him at the dollar store; a bucket, a car wash sponge, a tire brush, popcorn bowls and a package of Reese's cups.  And we found "the perfect pancake pan", so we gave that to him too.  I am anxious to see how it works.  (Jared is our pancake chef on Saturday mornings.)  After church, Jared chose Texas Roadhouse for lunch and afterwards, we let him take a nap :).  After naptime, we had some popcorn a little US Open Golf and headed to the pond for some fishing.  See, I told you it was a great day!
Happy Father's Day, Jared.  We love you very much.  Thanks for all you do!
Daddy and his kids
Bouncing Nora to get a smile out of her...
These 2 have a pretty special bond.  I love watching them together.
Now, some fishing pictures.  It was a beautiful day.



He caught several, all by himself!  He's so proud!
Nora would have preferred swimming in the pond.
She was a handful around the water...but still cute!
After getting out of the van, I noticed a particularly loud/angry bird about 2 feet from the front bumper of the car.  Then, I noticed her 4 eggs in the nest of rocks.  We had parked about 2 feet from the eggs and she was letting us know that she was not happy!  
Mama bird chirping and flapping away.
Protecting her babies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment