Thursday, November 11, 2010

Vegas Vacation!

Jared and I had always talked about going somewhere for our 5th anniversary.  As fate would have it, we were having a 1st birthday party on our 5th anniversary (and we had a blast)!!  When I found out my boss was taking some vacation time around my birthday, I started planning.  We decided on Las Vegas.  We don't really fit the Vegas lifestyle, but knew there was a lot more to see and do than just gamble (even if we did find a pretty fun penny slot).  We flew out on Saturday (my birthday) and came back on Tuesday the 9th.  We packed those 3 days full of walking, sight seeing, eating, walking, show seeing, walking and a little penny slot action.  It was exhausting, but very much worth it.
In front of the Bellagio

U-Spin Penny Slots on my Birthday!


Saturday night we had tickets to Tony n' Tina's Wedding.  It was an improv/comedy show where we were the guests at the wedding and reception.  It was pretty funny and we ate and danced along with the cast.  Thanks mom and dad for the birthday present!

Cast of Tony 'n Tina's Wedding (Pregnant bridesmaid and all)

Jared and I with the lights of the strip in the background
Nevada's countryside from the Top of the World restaurant

Jared enjoying lunch at the Top of the World

Stratosphere Observation- A beautiful view

Venetian Canal


Sunday night we had tickets to Blue Man Group and the Venetian.  It was awesome!  We were 5 rows back in the 'poncho' section.  Thankfully our ponchos were not needed, but the show was great.  I got a nice view of one of the Blue Men as he stepped on the back of my chair to walk into the crowd.  We had a great time and would definitely recommend this show to everyone!

We've donned our ponchos!

Apparently I missed the memo about not smiling.  This is an actual Blue Man!

Our last night in Vegas we ate at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill.  It was phenomenal!!  We didn't see Bobby, but that's alright, his food was there.  We got all dressed up and I walked way too far in heels.  We had a great trip and are so lucky to have parents who were so willing to watch our sweet Ethan. 

Thanks for a great meal Bobby Flay!!



P.S. Keep scrolling...there's more :)

2 comments:

  1. Lots of great pictures. Glad you had a fun time. And looks like Ethan did too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the pictures. I want to go to Vegas some time. You guys look like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete