Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pinwheels and Polka Dots

The theme for Nora's 1st Birthday Party was Pinwheels and Polka Dots.  I had so much fun planning, creating and decorating.  I am not going to pretend to have any original ideas, I was inspired mostly by this site! And found other inspiration from various other places online.
The menu included: Chicken Salad Sandwiches (from Produce Plus, in Salem), Turkey Pinwheels, Veggie Platter, Caramel Apple Bar (my favorite!), Popcorn from Del's, Cake Batter Rice Krispie Treat Balls and Strawberry or Vanilla Cupcakes topped with Starburst Pinwheels :).
The 'Smash' Cake
Nora's Hand Made Pinwheel Bib
The Birthday Girl enjoyed her lunch and was about to fall asleep in her chair, so we thought it was time for cake!  She was a fan :).
After Nora demolished her cake, it was time for Birthday Boy #1 to have his cake!  I made a cake exactly like Nora's for Jared, but instead of pink polka dots, he got black.  He is 30, after all!

Yes, there really are 30 candles on there :)
 
He decided he could 'smash' his too.  I was standing too close :)
Birthday boy #2...Thanks for celebrating with us!
Alex's Birthday was yesterday (a day after Nora and Jared's)
Then it was present time!
Nora wasn't too into her presents- but that's okay.  Someday she will be!
I made a photo display with photos from every month of the last year
A big thank you to everyone who came to celebrate with us!
A few of the party guests!
The 4 of us!
I had A LOT of help pulling this together.  Thanks to Birthday boy #1, he did a lot of the food prep.  Also, Libby and Abby came up early to help get things put together.  Thanks to my mama from bringing the veggies and chicken salad sandwiches.  I could not have done it without all the help!

1 comment:

  1. This party was so disgustingly cute I can't even stand it. I could really go for one of those cake batter rice krispie treat balls and some Del's.

    ReplyDelete