Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

It's been a nice day around here today.  I feel so blessed and happy to call myself a mother to our kids.  There are good days, there are not so good days. There are days with lots of laughing and then there are the tear-filled days.  Everyday, I learn a little more about myself.  And sometimes, what I learn, doesn't excite me.  But I am striving to be more patient and grace giving to my children.  We have been given so much grace, and I try to remind myself of that daily when there are tantrums and disobedience.  I love my kids to pieces and look forward to watching them and helping them grow.  (Just not too quickly!)
I am learning that my mother must have the patience of a saint!  And I am so thankful for her and the example she has given me.  I can only hope that I am doing this mothering thing half as well as her!  Thank you, Mom, for your example, for your guidance, for your love and for encouraging me over the last 30 years.  Especially during this last 4 years or so of my life!
And to Jared's mom, Karen.  Thank you for welcoming me into your lives and family, so many years ago!  Thank you for the mother that you are to Jared and the example you have been for him.  He is lucky to call you Mom!
You are both wonderful grandmas and our kids are the luckiest around!  THANK YOU!
Now on to what you all want...pictures :).
Me and my babies (this was the best of the bunch!)
Ethan being his sweet self
His Mother's Day flower for me, from his school program
 Karen and Dustin came up for the afternoon and to go to Ethan's school program.  Couldn't let them leave without a Mother's Day picture for her :)
Happy Mother's Day!
Picture taking today, wasn't all smiles...this is one of the 'better' out takes :)
Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

  1. Cute real life out take picture! Happy Mother's Day to you, your kids are blessed!!

    ReplyDelete