Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Strawberries

It's strawberry season and I've been busy!  A friend of mine called to see if I was interested in a "flat of strawberries".  Which, turns out is 8 quarts.  I (thankfully) went with the 1/2 flat.

These berries are delicious and have been turned into some delicious creations in the last few days!
Starting with...
Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream! Yum!!
Next...Strawberry Jelly.  Check out the cute helper!
Stirring like a pro!
Showing off the finished product
And, finally, tonight for dessert we had some delicious strawberry shortcake!
Homemade shortcake!
Clearly, I'm not a food stager/photographer.  But it was pretty tasty!!
I still have about a quart and a half to use.  I'm open to suggestions :)!

1 comment:

  1. This post is amazing. I want strawberries! You are such a Paula Deen. The jelly looks delish and the strawberry shortcake. Please send me some via email. HAHA Maybe Nathan will take me to Dairy Queen. :)

    Jennifer D.

    ReplyDelete