Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Weekend

We headed south for our Easter weekend.  Easter is such a humbling and emotional holiday for me.  It's difficult to wrap my head around what happened 2000 years ago.  But, I'm so grateful that Jesus died for me, and even more so that He was risen from death and is alive!  It is also such a fun time for us and the kids.  And let me tell you, we had a great (and exhausting) weekend!
I started Saturday with a baby shower with my mom for one of my best friends, Sara.  She had twin girls 3 months ago and I was so happy to get to meet them!  They are soooo sweet!
Sara and I with Mary Charlotte and Elizabeth
While I was at the shower, Jared took the kids out to his parents house where they had a great time (I met them out there later).  They had a little Easter egg hunt, played outside a ton, helped Grandpa plant some roses, played in the dirt, dug up worms and a lot more.
Finding some Easter eggs
Playing in the dirt
Found a worm...
He's all boy!
This was the result of the fun filled day at Grandma Karen and Grandpa's house.
Later on Saturday, we took the kids for a ride in my dad's convertible.  This was Nora's first ride!  She was confused as the top went down, but she loved it!
Happy kids!
Wind blown :)
Sunday, we got up and got all dressed and ready for church.  We also had a yummy lunch, where we all ate too much and more outside play.  We couldn't have asked for better weekend weather!  Also, you can't get past Easter Sunday without lots of pictures :).  
5 of 8 cousins. Tyler, Nora, Ethan, Josiah & Paige
The 4 littles (Tyler had moved on by now)
Ethan and Nora
Love them so much!
Mom and Dad with Jim, Abby and myself (we missed Sarah)
Our annual Easter sister pic.  Love this girl :).
Nora, having some fun with Uncle Jim
Nora loves her Pop!
Happy Easter from our family to yours!  

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you figured out the camera/pictures! They look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend with your families!! Love the last family picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet blog, I love the worms! I love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete