Saturday, March 5, 2016

Valentine's Day Date

I realize we are a bit past Valentine's Day, and I'll try to be better with my blogging...but I'm making no promises :).
Jared and I made some last minute Valentines Day plans.  I was supposed to be playing tennis in Springfield on Valentine's Day (Sunday), so we decided to make a day/night of it!  My parents graciously agreed to keep the kids for us for about 24 hours and we enjoyed a quick get away to Springfield.  It snowed that morning, so my tennis got canceled, but we went anyway.  And I'm so glad we did!  You can fit a lot into 24 kid-free hours!!  We had lunch, did a little shopping, checked into our hotel, caught a movie and had a wonderful Italian dinner.  And that was just the first half!  On Monday, we walked from our downtown hotel to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum and Library, had lunch and met my mom to get the kids back.  What a fun time with my Valentine of 16 years!
I was ready for Zoolander...I don't think Jared was ;)
(Also, wait to rent!  Not worth theater $$)

We walked to dinner...in the snow!  We had a nice, romantic Italian dinner at Saputos.
Jared and John Wilks Booth giving each other the stare down!
The Lincoln family and I.  They were tall!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun. Those Lincoln kids are freakishly tall!!

    ReplyDelete