Monday, May 7, 2012

Port Angeles Trip

Friday evening my parents, children and I flew out to Seattle (and drove on to Port Angeles) to see my sister, Sarah and her family. She just had baby #3, Leah, last month. I haven't been out here before so I was really excited to see them and this part of the country. Ethan has had fun playing with his cousins, Lily (almost 3), Will (15 mo), and baby Leah.

To get from Seattle to Port Angeles, a ferry ride is necessary. And this was not like any ferry I've ever seen before. It's a ship! It holds hundreds of cars, has a restaurant and a passenger area to get out of your vehicle and look out at the water. It was about a 40 minute ride. It was really fun and Ethan enjoyed watching all the sailboats.

The dock for the ferry.

Pop & Ethan by the water before going on the ferry. It was apparently bright...


The 3 of us on the ferry.

Nora enjoyed the view too!


After the ferry, it was a little over an hour drive to Port Angeles. The kids warmed up to each other quickly and played well together.

Ethan and Will, checking out the elephant.

Ethan and Lily (6 weeks apart)

I'm hoping to get a better group shot tomorrow...we'll see how that goes.

Being a good big cousin and helping Leah keep her pacifier in her mouth.

Leah Mae. Born April 7.


Today after nap time, we went up the mountain to Hurricane Ridge (part of the Olympic mountains). The weather this weekend has been very nice and the view was beautiful.


View from the top.

Ethan, Nora and I.

Sarah, Will, Patrick and Lily (Leah was there, but sleeping)

What a cute couple!

Ethan and Mr. Bear

Nora and Ethan
She was having a good time :).

They were having a great time and could have played a lot longer in the snow!


We've had a great trip so far. I'll be posting more on the rest of out trip later. Really wishing Jared could have come, but work needed him :).


1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have come! It looks like you're having fun. :) Nora's hat kills me every time...I LOVE HER! Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete