Sunday, March 17, 2013

Come on Spring!

We had a taste of spring weather around these parts, last week.  Friday was beautiful and made me that much more excited about warmer weather!  Like true Illinois weather, we are back to cold and dreary, but I'm sure it's coming!
Ethan and I were itching for some projects to do, so we headed to the Hob-Lob Friday morning to get a few things.  I had a spring wreath for our front door in mind and Ethan wanted a craft to do.  I found this on pinterest and had all the supplies for it.  He is quite the rule follower, so his eggs had to be the same color and in the same order...
He did a great job and did most of this all by himself.  I only helped to dye the noodles green and with  gluing them on the paper (but not much, because I was told he didn't need my help)
I worked on re-vamping a wreath I made last year...It was a good idea and turned out nice, but we don't have a storm door and the birds thought this was an excellent spot to make a home.
2012 Pinterest Spring Wreath
This year, I took all the burlap squares off.  The wreath form was also wrapped in burlap, which saved some time this year!  I used several inspiration pictures, but basically used what I had for my new wreath.  Here it is (and the process)...
I have been seeing monogram wreaths everywhere and the moss covered ones are big too, so here's my version.   Only time will tell if the birds like this one too.
After nap on Friday, we played in the backyard for a while.  Swinging, riding the tractor, sliding, picking up sticks and playing in the tree house.
A little blurry, but so sweet!
Such a good sharer.
He has learned how to pump his legs!!!
Playing with the rocks in the tree house.  Not sure what Ethan is doing here :)
His white rock collection
Happy Swinging!
Climbing the slide all by herself...
And going down on her belly :)

1 comment:

  1. Nora's hair is getting long it looks like in these pictures!! And darling wreath for your front door! Happy Spring:)

    ReplyDelete