Thursday, March 21, 2013

Easter in Preschool

Tuesday was Ethan's Easter party at school.  I stayed to help out.  It was a lot of fun, and Ethan told me my station was his favorite!  Their regular day is split up into 'centers' where, in groups of 3 or 4, they do an activity and that is what we did for the party too.  Except the centers were games or Easter related fun stuff.  At my station, they played golf with carrot golf clubs and had a bean bag/bucket toss.  Other stations were coloring, crafts, cookie decorating and letter search in Easter grass.
We started the day off in the sanctuary with Pastor Bill and  he did a little poem/activity with the kids to tell about the empty tomb and that Jesus is alive!  It was along the same lines as "Goin on a bear hunt".



Carpet time
Coloring his bunny crown
After everyone had gone through all the centers, we went into 'the big room' for an Easter egg hunt.  The kids were given an egg carton to fill, so when they had their 12, they were to sit down.
Ready to go...
They're off.  He was pretty serious, but ended up with 2 kinds of eggs.  I guess he liked them best.
Ethan with his haul.
The class with Mrs. McDevott
Just the kids.  He has a pretty good class.
Goofy faces
After school, I had a lunch date with my preschooler and we went to Next of Kiln (a ceramics shop) to paint an egg with some others from school.


We pick it up next Wednesday, so we'll see how it turned out!  It was a fun day and I was grateful to have some quality one on one time with Ethan.

No comments:

Post a Comment