Monday, September 9, 2013

Fall Fun!

Fall is coming!  I keep telling myself that (even if it's supposed to be 97° tomorrow!) I'm so ready for fall temperatures, boots and sweaters!  Anyway, in trying to bring fall-like temps, I have started my fall decorating.  I really want to buy some mums, but I'm afraid I won't keep them alive for very long in this weather, so I'm waiting.  Here's a small glimpse of our fall decor this year :).

I also made a wreath for our front door.  I spent a good bit of time scouring Pinterest, looking for the perfect tutorial (meaning, one I could tackle).  Click here for the one I found the most helpful.  This one was inspiration too!  And this is what I came up with :).
I am a "use what you have" kind of girl.  So, when the tutorials said to get burlap ribbon, I thought; I have a lot of burlap, I'll just cut it!  And then it shredded everywhere...so I sewed along all the edges.  I still used it, but I'm pretty sure I quadrupled my time spent.  Also, the chevron ribbon is 'supposed' to be 4 inches wide or something.  I had chevron ribbon already...only it was 2.5 inches, but, you guessed it, I used it anyway!  Mine might be a little less fluffy, but it's mine :)!  I really wanted to make this a multi-season wreath, so I was trying to figure out how to make the decorations easily removable, yet still put them where I wanted.  I've tried safety pins in the past, but didn't really like working with them.  So...looking through my craft supplies, I came across some mini clothes pins!  I hot glued those suckers to the back of some flowers and, behold...easily removable decorations!
I bought a fall colored bouquet of silk flowers from the Hob Lob (40% off!) and pulled off the flowers to make my decorations.
Maybe I should get a cuter wreath hook... oh well, it works and I already have it :)!

Happy Fall Ya'll!!  Hopefully, it cools off soon, and I can get my mums and pumpkins to pretty up my porch!

2 comments:

  1. Love that wreath. Great job!! Also your new header picture is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wreath!!!! I need two for my front doors please! HAHAHA I wish I was crafty enough to make them! LOVEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete