Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas at the Colliers

I finally got around to taking some pictures of our Christmas decorations this year.  I like to do this to share it with everyone as well as document for myself.
We got our tree from the Boy Scouts again this year, and still are not disappointed.  The kids had a blast decorating it and watching/helping them do it is one of my favorite parts about this time of year!

Putting the 1st ornament on the tree 
Nora did really well 
It's a family affair
So excited about the tree!
We have these little sparkly poof balls that you throw into the tree.  They were a fun tradition when I was a kid, we always wanted to keep taking them out the the tree and throw them in again.  So, when I found some, I bought them.  And my kids do the same...until they throw them too high and can't reach them anymore :).
Ethan, in action.  Look at the top, center of the picture.  There's a green one.
Up close on one.
Finally the star!
After everything else was done and in place, I went around taking pictures.  So, enjoy the virtual tour of Christmas decor at our house this year :).
I'll start outside first,

Now, inside:
Some of the flat surface ;)
Mantle and Christmas Tree, all lit up.  I love the look and feel of just the Christmas lights.
Nora and Ethan's 2013 ornaments
Nora gets the owl- she was an owl for Halloween
Ethan gets the fox- he loves to go around singing "What does the fox say?"
Some different angles of the tree and mantle and the dining room
My Nativity scene I got as Christmas gifts from my parents over several years.  I love it!
Ethan wanted to make some snowflakes today.  I showed him my way, and he had a way also.  He and Jared put together this 'Winter Art' paper.  This might have to come out every year as decoration.  I love it.  And I love that it says 'Art Winter'.  Makes me laugh every time I read it :).
One last photo...
Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Just getting caught up... looks like a fun Thanksgiving with lots of food and family. You look so lovely in your date night Christmas party picture. Your house is BEAUTIFUL with all the Christmas decor. Did you make the "Unto Us" sign? Cute Christmas ornaments for the kiddos. Favorite picture of course is the last one of them by the lights but I love your new banner picture as well. Happy comments :)

    ReplyDelete