Thursday, August 7, 2014

Girls Weekend!

2 weeks ago (I'm a bit behind), I kissed my kids and hubby goodbye for a fun weekend with the girls!  Erin, Emily and I (Jessica couldn't go at the last minute due to a family emergency) headed to Lake Michigan.  We went to Michigan City, IN and rented a cute little house in the Beachwalk community for 2 nights.  I've been to Beachwalk twice before with family (2010, 2012) The weather wasn't the best beach weather, but we weren't going to let that stop us.  Also, if you are unaware, there is some pretty great outlet shopping to do about 3 minutes from where we stayed!  We definitely made the most of our kid free days (and nights) shopping, relaxing, talking, laughing and eating!
Before we made it to Michigan City, we did some shopping at Oak Brook mall and made time for some pedis!

Pedicure selfie 
We took a walk down to the beach the next day and it is still just a beautiful and nice as I remember it :).
Beautiful Lake Michigan
Myself with Erin and Emily (and a couple of babies)
Beach time!! Even if we did get rained on a little and had to use our towels as blankets.
A portion of the Beachwalk community

No comments:

Post a Comment