Sunday, September 7, 2014

"Labor" Day

I realize that last week was Labor Day, but our Labor Day project took until this weekend to finish.  We have a large storage area in our basement, that I'm very thankful for.  But it has basically been untouched in the organization department since we moved in...3 years ago.  Jared sketched a plan for building some shelves, bought the supplies and got to work last Monday with his trusty 5 year old sidekick.
Measure twice, cut once!  And...safety first ;).
Cutting the boards and stacking the boards.
All was going great, until I walked past a finished shelf, as it was falling.  I really thought I had broken my foot!  It hurt so bad!  Thankfully, I can say almost 1 week later that I am much better and nothing is broken.  Just a nice purpley tint to the side of my foot.
Yikes!
Jared has worked so hard on these and I'm a lucky woman to have such a handy husband!! He worked on them a couple nights through the week and finished up yesterday.  We are now the proud owners of 3 custom built (heavy) shelves for our storage area!  Most of the day today was spent cleaning, purging, organizing and labeling.
Can also double as a bunk bed for triplets!
Still more to organize and get rid of, but it's getting there!

1 comment:

  1. What a handy man. Now, just to get you pregnant with some triples!! ;)

    ReplyDelete