Monday, September 5, 2011

'Labor' Day Weekend

Labor day weekend has been full of labor for us!  Saturday morning we got up and went to Salem.  Our primary reason to go was to pick up some things we have stored at my parents that we are wanting to move to our new house.  We ended up helping my dad refinish a table for our new kitchen!  I'm glad we were able to help him out, because it was a lot of work!  Here's our inspiration...

We/dad still has to polyurethane ours, so I don't have a real after photo, but I will definitely post one when it's in the house! But here's where we are so far...with some work pictures in between.
A lot of sanding required!

It was hot in there :)

Watching Daddy and Pop work

Table top after 2 coats of stain...I love it!

Jared finishing the 4th and final coat of paint for the pedestal
My mom, working on the bumper pads after the actual padding came in! 
Ethan likes to watch and 'help'...
My good friend, Elizabeth, was in town with her 3 boys, one of which I haven't met!  Ethan and I stopped by her parents house to say hi, and meet sweet baby Jacob.  Ethan had a great time playing with the other kids while Elizabeth and I talked and I, of course, held the baby!
Baby Jacob
Sunday we headed out to Jared's parents for lunch and some outside fun.  Ethan loves to run around in the yard and 'help' out in their garden.  We had a great time and Ethan did too...just check out the pictures!
Playing a little football with Uncle Dustin and Daddy

Cantaloupe picking with Grandpa

Peppers with Grandma Karen

Very proud of his harvest
We left Sunday evening and Ethan stayed behind for a couple extra days with the grandparents.  I'm sure he is having a great time!  Jared and I, on the other hand, have been working like crazy today packing and organizing.  We've gotten a lot done and even had time for a dinner date last night (at the Firefly in Effingham- highly recommend!) and a movie tonight (The Help- also recommended!). 
Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment