Thursday, September 1, 2011

Progress!!

I've been promising progress pictures on baby girl's bedding.  Well...there has finally been some progress!  Until yesterday this, was all the progress I had made...
I've had this for, oh probably, 3 months!

I made these a while ago also.  The bigger one was made before I even knew I was pregnant!  Little did I know, I was picking fabric for my baby girl's nursery.
Anyway, yesterday morning Ethan and I made a quick trip to my parent's house to put my mom to work!  She had agreed to help me out and I worked her hard (and right through naptime)!  We started with bumper pads, and we got a lot done in a day and a half!  I found the tutorial/photos here.  The instructions were fairly easy to follow, if you (or someone you are working with) has a decent knowledge of sewing and sewing terms.  We had to order the pads to go inside, so actual completion will be delayed a bit.  But this is what we have so far!  (There are 6 of these)
Bumper pad cover

We made our own piping and all!
I've got blankets to make and still need to figure out the bed skirt, but the bumper pads were the big project!  Thanks to my mom for all her hard work and expertise!  More photos to come, especially when it's all set up!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent work, ladies! Great fabric. This is going to look awesome.

    ReplyDelete