Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Ethan at School

Today was my first time to help out in Ethan's school.  So, I did what any crazy, picture mom does...I took my camera!  We were both really looking forward to it.  My mom got up and left  her house at the crack of dawn to make it here by 8:30 so she could stay with Nora.  Thanks Mom!
There are 18 kids in his class and each day has 2 parent helpers and the teacher.  They start the day off sitting in their proper spot on the carpet and talk about the weather.  There is a song for everything!  They 'dress' a frog on the bulletin board in the right clothing for the weather.  Then they move onto the day of the week, the letter of the day and the number of the day.  With several songs thrown in.  It was cute and fun to see the kids getting into it.  After 'carpet' time comes 'centers'.  There are snack, math, writing, art and play centers.  I was assigned to the art center, where we made an 'M' mouse (M was the letter today).  I busted out the camera when I could, so here are a few pictures of Ethan in school.

Math Center with Mrs. McDevitt.  They wrote the number '1' today :)
Art Center with me!  Being very precise putting the eyes on the M mouse.
After they finish with the art project for the day, they are allowed to move to the sensory table.  They all love this.  It's a big table filled with rice!
Writing center.  They practiced writing lowercase m's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment