Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pinteresting...

I have a few projects to share!  I'll not bore you with words...just pictures!

 So, I have been kind of obsessed with pallets lately.  I found a bookshelf I wanted to make here, so I nagged Jared until he brought me home some from work!  I didn't take a picture of the 'before', but this is basically what we started with...
After a little sawing, prying and hammering, A LOT of sanding (I mean A LOT, like sanding with a grinder), a coat or 2 of paint we ended up with this!
Ethan was so excited about it!
A place for his books!
It's amazing what people come up with to do with pallets!  Total cost...$5, for clearance paint at WalMart.

This next project was a garbage day find!  I opened the garage door on trash day only to get super excited about what I saw across the street!
 I've been looking for something for our front porch!  I'm sure I looked crazy dragging, literally dragging, this thing across the street with a Ethan standing in our driveway next to Nora in the stroller watching.  I was really hoping there weren't any neighbors looking out their windows, but oh well.

I started by taking the iron backs off and scrubbing!  It was pretty disgusting.  I sanded it just a little and then started painting.  I used the same FREE Ace Hardware gray paint that I used on the entry way table.  And spray painted the iron black.  We needed to get some new screws to hold those in since several were missing.  
I have foam and fabric to make a cushion, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it.  I'll post a pic, if I ever get it done.  Until then, we will enjoy our new, old front porch bench!

Perfect fit!

A cushion would make the look...someday!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE how thrifty you are. I have tried but my projects end up costing more money by the time I'm done with them. HAHA We bought a record cabinet and refinished it. We are working on our entry way table now. I love Pinterest!

    Keep up the awesome work. I love seeing how things turn out.

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete