Sunday, February 17, 2013

Downstairs

Over a year living in our house, we are really loving the downstairs.  A few weeks ago, we went to IKEA in search of the perfect toy storage for our play area.  And last weekend, we decided (on a whim) to paint a few walls.  I was hoping for more of a change or 'accent' wall effect, but we used what we had since we have a ton of paint.  Ethan was very into helping during the painting, and he didn't do a bad job :).
He's a cute helper!
Look at that tongue out concentration!
 Here's the after!  I really like how it turned out.  I put an IKEA curtain rod above the storage with little clips to hang Ethan's artwork (and someday soon, Nora's).  He thinks it's pretty cool to see his stuff up there.
Too many toys! (But there are lots of empty spaces)
Quite some time ago, I bought a couple pieces of wrapping paper from a store in downtown Decatur for $4 each.  One was a world map, the other was the alphabet.  I had Jared cut some plywood that we had to size and I mod podged the paper to the wood.  It was my first mod podge experience, and I didn't do a very good job.  Too many wrinkles and bubbles, but don't look too closely!
I think they add nice color to the walls :)
Like I mentioned before, we are really enjoying the downstairs.  Nora, especially likes it down there.  It's mostly wide open and with her new walking abilities, she can go and go.  And there isn't too much that is off limits for her.
Camping in the tent, with plenty of food
Showing off her walking, bending and picking up skills.  Yes this is a bathroom stool she is toting around.
Ethan has branched out when playing with his blocks.  He used to dump them and kick them and that's it.  He builds quite the structures with them now.
And gets a little OCD with them...
Intense.

No comments:

Post a Comment