Monday, July 7, 2014

LEGO Plate

A few weeks ago,  I took Ethan to our pottery painting store, Next of Kiln.  They had a LEGO plate painting class and I signed him up.  So, along with a couple of his friends and Nora, we went to paint.  There were several LEGO faces you could choose to paint...Ethan chose a ninja.  He had a great time and is so proud of his plate.  I will admit, I helped him a little, but he did the majority of the work.  (It was hard for me to let go and not help more!)
Ethan, Brennan and Soren- getting started.
This girl did great!  She was kept busy with some children's scissors and a little paper. (She doesn't get scissors very often, if ever, at home!)
Finishing up the front
Making the LEGOish bumps on the back of the plate
Finishing up and ready to let it bake.
We just picked up the plate a few days ago, and here's the final product!
All bright and shiny!
And the back with the LEGO bumps
It looks like the blue Ninjago guy, right?!  He loves it and I love that he had so much fun making it!

2 comments:

  1. That looks great! Is it his perpetual dinner plate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been hard for me to let go too!! He did a great job though!

    ReplyDelete