Monday, March 28, 2011

All in a days work!

I was flipping through a recent Potterybarn Kids catalog when I came across this!  They are so cute and I thought to myself...'I can make those'.  So, today, I headed out to Hobby Lobby and picked up some fabric to give it a try.  The feet and legs were the trickiest parts and I almost ended up with a legless/footless owl!  I spent all of naptime, parts of the afternoon and pretty much all evening putting this thing together.  I'm not sure what I'll do with it, since it's a little girly for my 'all boy' boy, but I'm pretty proud of my 'adaptation' of the pricey Potterybarn version.

My handmade, slightly quirky owl pillow
Close-up



I might just try and make a little companion for this one...maybe that will be Wednesday's project.  But probably not, I didn't get anything else done today (except Ethan's haircut, see below).

1 comment: