Monday, October 24, 2011

Boo Boo & Boo at the Zoo

Well...it's been almost two and a half years without 1 trip to the ER.  Tonight we broke that streak and took Ethan in.  I was in the kitchen, he was in the living room and all of a sudden I hear a thud and then screaming.  I came in and he was holding his chin.  I got him in the the kitchen and saw blood and upon further inspection found a cut on the inside of his lower lip as well as one on the outside.  I thought he had bit through his lip.  After I got him cleaned up and calmed down, I called the doc and was told to just take him straight into the ER.  Jared met us there and surprisingly we were seen by a doctor within 45 minutes or so of our arrival.  It was not a through and through cut, but did warrant some derma-bond (aka: glue) and steri-strips.  He did awesome.  He never whined, cried or even flinched the whole time.  I don't know if this makes me a good mom or not...but I had to snap a few pictures while at the hospital.
Waiting very patiently

Being quite the trooper!

All fixed up!

We had planned on going to the Tate and Lyle night of Boo at the Zoo tonight, but wasn't sure we were going to make it with the unexpected ER trip.  Since it didn't take as long as we thought, and Ethan was in such great spirits, we decided to head to the zoo.  We ate a delicious dinner (hot dogs, chili and mac & cheese) and then quickly made it through all the Trick or Treat stations, rode the train and the carousel.  It was a fun night...after all was said and done. 
Looking for the 1st Trick or Treating

Our little Pirate

Waiting on the train

Ethan and Daddy riding the carousel

No comments:

Post a Comment