Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Baby Dedication

Sunday was the baby dedication service at our church and we chose to participate with Nora.  My parents, as well as Jared's came back up on Sunday afternoon to be involved.  It was a very nice service and definitely gave Jared and I something to think about.  We were given 'homework' to complete prior to the service and part of it was to 'Imagine the End', 18 years from now.  It brings me to tears just about every time I think about it!  18 years from now?!? Really?  My baby is only 5 weeks old!  But it was a very good exercise for us.  It was basically calling us to imagine the person/young woman we want Nora to become.  It's easier to make it on a daily basis when you have a target or goal to focus on.  It all boils down to, us wanting our daughter (and son) to know Jesus Christ and have a relationship with Him.  Whatever we do while raising our children needs to point them in that direction.  Period.  As a gift from our chruch to the families who participated, we all got free family photos taken by a professional photographer.  He also took a 'class' photo of all the babies who were dedicated that day.  It was a great afternoon and one that will be rememberd.

My snapshot of the professional photo

Grandma Karen and Nora

They took all the carseats and arranged them and then took the pictures of just a few babies at a time.  And with the magic of photoshop, he will combine all the pictures for one big 'class' photo!  I'm looking forward to seeing it.  I'll try to post it if I can get a hold of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment