Monday, August 13, 2012

StL Weekend

Jared took Friday off from work so we could take a 'mini vacation'.  We spent the weekend in St. Louis trying to fit in everything we possibly could!  I don't think we could have asked for better weather, the entire weekend!  Friday we headed to the zoo with my cousin, Libby and her girls (along with the entire population of  St. Louis, I think)!  It was crowded and we didn't stay too long, but we got to see lots of animals and the kids had fun!
Waiting to go in to see more penguins!
She wasn't too sure about this place...
Ethan enjoyed it though!
Libby and Katie Sue on her 1st Birthday!
Nora and the penguins
Haley and Ethan before we left...they thought they were going to fall in, so they have  a death grip on each other!
Saturday was Katie Sue's 1st Birthday Party.  Again, the weather was perfect and the Mehrle's did a great job hosting everyone!  The party was a success!  
I don't think she got too 'into' the cupcake...
Opening presents with her Mama
Pretty Birthday Girl!
The 'Big' Kids at the Party
Nora had fun celebrating too!  It will be her turn soon!
Ornery boys!  Seriously...look at those faces!
After the party wrapped up, we stuck around to hang out and let the kids rest.  Then headed for an early dinner, swimming back at our hotel and an early bedtime!

Sunday we checked out of our hotel and met at the Magic House to open the place up!  It had been years since I had been there and I think the place has doubled in size since I was a kid.  The Mehrle's are members so we scored free passes!  Thanks guys!  Abby met us there and we were off for a few hours of children's museum/pretend play fun!  
First stop...fishing!
 

Playing some drums

This construction area might have been his favorite
Digging with Daddy

Katie, climbing the stairs!
Nora's trying to climb up the slide
Ball pit
Very determined girls!  Both trying to climb up the slide.
The static ball is a Magic House, must see!  I told Ethan about it and that's all he wanted to get to.  Once there, he was a little nervous, so I helped him out :)!
He thinks this is a pretty cool picture...and I agree!
I didn't shake my head enough to get it to stand straight up...
Abby did though!
It was a great weekend and we had so much fun!  

No comments:

Post a Comment