Saturday, November 17, 2012

Date Day!

On Thursday, I was given Illini Football tickets for today's game.  We were very excited to be going, but mainly to have a whole day out together!  I sweet talked my parents to come up (it wasn't a hard sell) to watch the kids.  They were troopers and got here at 8:30 am!  We were still in PJ's when they arrived...oops.  But we did feed them waffles :).  Jared and I quickly got ready and headed to Champaign.  The game didn't start until 2:30, so we tackled some Christmas shopping while we had the chance.  It was so nice to be able to meander my way through Target without stopping every 3.2 seconds to feed goldfish to a child!  We had a nice lunch, headed to the mall for a bit and then froze our feet off for almost 3/4 of the game.  ILL-INI!!
Heading out for a day with my man!
Self portrait at the game
View from our seats...even if there wasn't much to see.
The kids and my parents had a great day too.  My dad had plans!  After we left, they loaded up and took the kids to the Children's Museum.  Ethan loves that place.  And for lunch, stopped at Culver's...another favorite!  My mom even went to the grocery store for us and cooked dinner!  Thanks so much for the wonderful day.  We enjoyed it, and I know the kids did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment