Monday, June 6, 2011

Our Weekend...

We had a very busy weekend.  I think we're all feeling the tireness today!  Poor Jared had to get up and go to work anyway.  Friday night we met my mom in Vandalia to switch her rides.  We were headed to the Cardinal game with my dad, uncle Wayne, Abby and Alex and my mom was on Ethan duty!  The game was really hot but also a really great game.  We beat the Cubs!!  Anyway, on the way to meet my family, I'm hearing Ethan say '2 hats on, 2 hats on'.  He talks a lot, so I wasn't really registering what he was saying, until finally Jared said, "where is Ethan's popcorn bowl?"  I turn around to find this...

Notice the popcorn in the lap...not the best car snack.
Enjoying the game
Saturday was Abby's wedding shower!  I was hosting it,  along with her other bridesmaids so we had a lot to get together beforehand.  I felt like we were running around all morning to get stuff and set up the room.  It turned out great and Abby & Alex got a lot of really nice and necessary things.  My camera didn't make it out of my purse so Abby's camera was designated the 'official shower photo' camera.  I will post some pictures of the shower when I get some from her :). 

Sunday was church and the annual Squibb Family Reunion.  We weren't able to stay long since we had to get back to Mt. Zion, but we had great food and a lot of family that I haven't seen in a long time. 
 This is the main reason for needing to leave early.  Ethan was feeling the effects of the long busy weekend as well.  He barley made it past 12:30 (the starting time of the reunion).  My dad didn't seem to mind though...
Sleeping Ethan and Hungry Pop

No comments:

Post a Comment