Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weekend Festivities!

We spent the weekend down south (in Salem) with lots of family.  Since most of my cousins and siblings live within a few hours of Salem, we all try to coordinate weekends we come 'home'.  It's fun for us big kids as well as all the little ones.  And, with the weather so nice, we spent a lot of time outside.  Which meant tired, dirty kids at the end of the day!  
One reason for choosing this weekend was a wedding shower for an old friend of mine, Laura Petrea.  On Saturday, my mom, Linda, Libby and I went to a lovely bridal shower brunch at The Badollet House in Salem.  It was so nice to catch up and celebrate with Laura (and meet the Mr).  
Libby and I with Laura
The very tasty banana bread we all got to take home!

Pretty much the rest of the weekend was spent hanging out and letting the little ones run like crazy outside.  On Sunday, we had a little Easter Egg Hunt since we were all together.  Enjoy some pictures of cousin craziness!

Ethan and Scout...Give these 2 a golf club and they are happy!

Ethan, Scout and Josiah trying to 'fix' the Barbie bug

A little garage ball!

Libby and her girls...Haley and Katie

Yes! They are as ornery as they look!
My Grandpa was in town and this was his first time meeting Nora.  
She likes him!!

Easter Egg Hunt time!

Letting them loose!

Pop helping Nora a little :)

Paige, Josiah, Finley and Haley

A very excited Ethan

And, he found one!

Haley was partial to the pink and purple eggs.

We also spent some time out at Grandma Karen and Grandpa's house.  While I was at the shower, Jared took the kids out, but since I had the camera, no pictures from that trip.  We did, however, make another trip out for dinner on Sunday night.  
Having a cupcake with Grandma Karen and Great-Grandma Diane

Enjoying a slow 4-wheeler ride with Grandpa

Trying to show off her new rolling skills...
But didn't quite make it.  
I stayed on Sunday night into Monday with the kids.  I took Ethan up to my dads 'distice' office, in hopes that he would get his teeth cleaned.  My dad took a look and ended up doing 4 sealants on him.  He did great!  And, next time we're in town, I'll just clean his teeth!

Pop and Ethan

He was such a big boy!  I'm so proud of him and how well he did!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I am tired just seeeing the kids in action and I was there most of the time. It was a fun weekend and you captured the highlights. Love, Gma Terri

    ReplyDelete